Right-of-Way & Encroachment Permits

Encroachment Permits
An encroachment permit is required for any work in the city right-of-way or city easement. Types of work that require an encroachment permit include:

  • Minor new improvements, such as sidewalks, next to existing curb and pedestrian ramps
  • Removal and replacement of existing curb, gutter, and sidewalk
  • Street light work
  • Temporary dumpsters placed in city right-of-way
  • Trenching
  • Water services and sewer laterals
Permits are issued by engineering division staff once fees are collected for plan check, inspection, traffic control plan review and permit processing. A bond or cash deposit will be required for all work performed within the public right-of-way.

Related Information