How do I protest or dispute a parking citation?
There are several ways to request an administrative review of a parking citation. You can visit and select the "Contest Citation" option and make your case by filling in the online form. Alternatively, you can visit the La Mesa Police Department, located at 8085 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942, and fill out a Citation Contest form. Regardless of which method you choose, the La Mesa Police Department will review the form and make a determination at a later date. You will be notified of the outcome by a letter from the Parking Citation Processing Center. Contact the Parking Citation Processing Center at 855.544.9373 for additional information. PayMyCite website.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Parking Commission?
2. Who sits on the Parking Commission?
3. When and where does the Parking Commission hold its regular monthly meetings?
4. Where can I find agendas and/or meeting minutes for Parking Commission meetings?
5. How can I communicate with the Commission or report a parking concern?
6. When are parking meters enforced?
7. How do I pay the parking meter?
8. How much time can I purchase at a parking meter and what does it cost?
9. What if the parking meter is not functioning properly?
10. Are parking meters enforced on holidays?
11. How do I pay a parking citation?
12. How do I protest or dispute a parking citation?
13. What happens if I don’t pay a parking citation within 21 days?
14. What is the Parking Permit Program?
15. How much does a Parking Permit cost and what are the benefits?
16. I participate in the Parking Permit Program. How do I renew my permits?
17. I don’t participate in the Permit Program now but I’d like to. What do I do?