How do I apply to serve on a City Board, Commission or Committee?

To apply for a board, commission or committee, submit a completed application to the City Clerk’s office, located in City Hall, 8130 Allison Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91941. If you have any questions, please call the City Clerk’s office at 619.667.1120.

Applicants are appointed to the various boards, commissions and committees after a standard interview and appointment process. Unexpected vacancies are usually filled from the applications on file.

Detailed information describing the duties and responsibilities of the various boards, commissions and committees, as well as applicant qualifications, is available on this website or at the City Clerk’s Office.

Boards, Commissions, & Committees

Show All Answers

1. When will the minutes be available?
2. What are the names of the Mayor & Councilmembers?
3. When does the City Council meet?
4. Are City Council meetings broadcast on television?
5. How may I receive advance notice of what will be on the Council agenda?
6. Can I be notified by email when a new Council Agenda is posted?
7. May I address the City Council at a meeting?
8. How can I participate in a City Council Meeting?
9. How do I apply to serve on a City Board, Commission or Committee?
10. I need a copy of a City document. Where can I get one?
11. How can I look at the City’s Municipal Code book?
12. When is the next election? Am I registered to vote?
13. Who are my Federal, State and County Representatives and how can I reach them?
14. Where is City Hall?
15. Where can I get a copy of a birth or death certificate or apply for a marriage license?